New plan for international student / neuen Plan für internationale Studenten

• Hi
    Sorry, aber ich kann lesen ein bisschen Deutsch, aber schriftlich nicht vielleicht nächstes Jahr ...
    (i am Belgian but i am asking it for my american friend)
    I ll be studying in Bremen for 1year so i will need a German sim card but i don't know what would be the best for me:

First Prepaid or contract?
    *A contract plan (no phone, i have one)?
    -Can i have a contract as an american (what you need to create one)?
    -I see they are mostly 2years but as i move back to the usa i think i can quit the plan without a fee because i am moving out of Germany?)
    *Prepaid? (easier but are there plans that are payable for my needs?)

What do i need:
    -Calling is not so important 30 minutes in a month should be enough
    -Data (i have a use of ±3Gb a month in the usa)
    -Texting to all german numbers (no limit or a plan that you can buy 1000 texts for 10€ or something similar)

*Texting to European number? (0.13€ if i am not wrong? it is an Eu law?) extra cheap option would be cheaper?
    *Roaming for other European countries (as an extra option i can buy if i need it)
    *No block on viber,whatsapp and skype!

You have the big 4 operators in Germany but a small one is good too but a minimum of support would be useful.
    Like in Belgium i have a prepaid plan for
    €15
    -1000text to all networks
    -60min calling
    -2Gb data
    -Good fb and twitter support.
    I think there are similar providers in Germany? (if the data is uses i can reload twice a month)

Thanks in advance!

• AW: New plan for international student / neuen Plan für internationale Studenten

In Germany most prepaid offers are better than contracts. With prepaid sim cards you can also testing the quality (especially data). If the net-quality is not good enough for you, you can take another operator. Roaming (espescially data roaming) is very expensive. The EU Roaming Standard Plan is only valid for calling/texting within the EU.

In Germany there are a registration duty for prepaid SIM cards. Some calling shops offer registrated SIM cards from different providers.

The best prepaid plan for your needs I think is blau.de 9 Cent (operator E-Plus, also available in shops)

Basic plan:
    0,09€ per minute/sms within Germany, maximal 39,-€ per month, mailbox free
    0,09€ per minute + 0,15€ per connection from Germany to Europe and USA/Canada (landline)
    0,29€ per minute from Germany to Europe and USA/Canada (mobile)
    0,20€ per SMS from Germany to abroad
    0,24€ per MB data

Roaming in the EU countries:
    Within EU 0,41€ (0,34€ from 1st July 2012) per minute (outgoing), 0,13€ (0,09€ from 1st July 2012) per minute (incoming)
    From EU to Rest of Europe and USA/Canada 1,49€ per Minute
    SMS within EU 0,13€ (0,10€ from 1st July 2012), otherwise 0,39€
    Data 0,49 per MB

Options:
    SMS-Flatrate (without roaming): 9,90€ per 30 days
    Internet-Flat 3 GB (without roaming) 14,90€ per 30 days; 3 GB data volume with available bandwidth, then throttling at 64 kbit / s, no follow-up costs
    Internet-Flat 5 GB (without roaming) 19,80€ per 30 days; 5 GB data volume with available bandwidth, then throttling at 64 kbit / s, no follow-up costs

EU roaming options:
    EU voice pack 50 4,99€ per week; 50 minutes for incoming calls and outgoing calls to Germany, then EU Roaming Standard Plan
    EU data pack 50 4,99€ per week; 50 MB data volume inclusive, then 0,49€ per MB

• AW: New plan for international student / neuen Plan für internationale Studenten

Zitat

In Germany there are a registration duty for prepaid SIM cards. Some calling shops offer registrated SIM cards from different providers.

I see for "Blau" that rate is €10 (that you pay once right?) But that promotion end today too?
    Finding an E+/phone shop won't be a problem!

How can you put money on the card? Online with visa card, buy a reload code in a store?
    SMS Flat - unbegrenzt per Flat SMS in alle dt. Handynetze senden , do you need to call "1155" each time when you reload to activate you text and internet options?

Thank you very much for the 100% explanation!

The promotion end will extended again and again. 9,90€ is the normal starterset-price. 10,-€ is the promotion start-credit (normally 5,-€).

For reload you can use reload codes (stores) on supermarkets, kiosks and petrol stations. For cash-in the reload codes you can call the 1158 or send a SMS or use the USSD-Code *104*(reload code)#
    You can also use a cash machine (blau.de or E-Plus) or transfer from a current account. Credit card will not be offered.

If you have not enough credit to use the options, the options will be suspended. After reload the options will be reactivated automatically. Please wait for the SMS-confirmation before you use the options.

• Die letzte Antwort auf dieses Thema liegt mehr als 365 Tage zurück. Das Thema ist womöglich bereits veraltet. Bitte erstellen Sie ggf. ein neues Thema.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • :love:
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • <3
    • :!:
    • :?:
    Maximale Anzahl an Dateianhängen: 10
    Maximale Dateigröße: 1 MB
    Erlaubte Dateiendungen: bmp, gif, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, txt, zip

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!